On our surprise meeting with Dipika to deliver her pre-birthday gifts, we had the chance to ask her a few questions on behalf of you guys, our fans, to get some first hand information on Dipika’s career and interests. Here it goes:
1) Hi Dipika. How would you describe yourself?
“I am a family girl. I am the youngest of 3 sisters so I’m pampered to the core! I’ve always been into sport since I joined school. Be it basketball, track & field or any sport, I would be the first one to sign up for all the sports in school.”
2) When did you realize that Squash was the sport you were going to take up professionally as a career?
“May be after I won my first tournament at the age of 11! Once I won that tournament I knew I wanted to be involved in squash! ”
3) How is your life in and around the game of squash?
“Squash is my life now. I don’t think I can see myself doing anything other than squash. It has given me everything what I have today. I love the whole travelling bit and meeting new people.”
4) Which is your favorite venue?
“Definitely the Glass court up at the grand Central in New York! ”
5) What are the aspects of your game that you think you’ve had to work on or change to become one of the world’s best squash players?
“You learn something new everyday. I’ve worked really hard on everything really. To become the best you can’t leave any stone unturned so I try and work continuously on every aspect of the game”
6) What advice would you like to give the next generation of Squash players who are looking to make a name for them on the International stage?
“I think the most important thing is to believe and have faith in your abilities. Half the battle is won from within yourself.”
7) How has it been to be a part of the Sports365 family?
“It is really great to be associated with the Sports365 family. With Sports365, we have set out to actively contribute towards driving a sort of Sporting Revolution in India and I am proud of this. Working with Mahesh, Yuvraj & Lara and the Sports Crazy team of Sports365 has been a wonderful experience for me. In a very short span of time, our online sports store has emerged as a premier online sports shop in India offering 10,000+ sports products at very affordable prices. It is gives me immense satisfaction when I get to read positive feedback and thank you notes from sports enthusiasts from smaller cities and towns for making good quality sports goods available to them.”
Some fun facts about Dipika:
If I wasn’t a squash player, I would have been…?
A Tennis player
Favorite Sports (other than Squash)
Recently, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
Anything from Adele
Favorite Indian Sports Person?
P T Usha
Favorite International Sports Person?