Cycling has been gaining popularity in the last couple of years, not only as a hobby but also as a means to commute to and from work. If you plan to join this bandwagon of cyclists, there are some essential cycling accessories that you just cannot do without. They not only ensure your safety but also make for a more comfortable and smooth cycling experience.
- Safety accessories
- Helmet – The standard accessory that every cyclist must have is a helmet. When buying a helmet, your first consideration should be how it fits rather than the style of the helmet. A good helmet should must fit correctly without any gap between it and your head. Different cycling style require different kinds of helmets, such as sport or multi-use helmets which are used by those who choose cycling as a for f recreation. the second type is a road bike helmet which is designed to provide ample ventilation and is also lightweight. Lastly, the mountain bike helmet is made with an enhanced rear head coverage and secure fit to ensure that it stays on no matter the terrain.
- Lights – This cycling accessory is a must have if you cycle at night. Front and rear lights must mainly to make you visible to others on the road, rather than to illuminate the way. Brands like Btwin make these kinds of lights. If you do not want to fix lights, an alternative is reflectors.
- Locks – Having spent a fair amount on your bike you wouldn’t want it to get stolen. You can prevent this by buying a sturdy lock for it. You can either get a combination lock, or a regular lock which can be opened with a key. Both these kinds of locks are made by Btwin.
2. Bike maintenance accessories
- Bike pumps – These days bike pumps are quite user friendly. However, before purchasing one ensure that it is compatible with the valve of your cycle tyres. Be aware of the correct tyre pressure for your cycle before filling air.
- Repair kits – A repair kit a very important cycling accessory. There are small kits that will fit in the saddle bag of you cycle, and there are bigger ones with more tools which you can keep at home for more crucial repairs. Btwin has a variety of such repair kits which can be found on our online store.
3. Other accessories
- Mudguards – Fitting mudguards to your bike is a wise idea as it will prevent water and mud from sticking on the tyres. Most mudguards are easy to install, they can be clipped on to the tyres of the cycle.
- Water bottle holder – If you are going to be cycling for a long duration , it is always good to stay hydrated. Carry sufficient water with you. By clipping on a water bottle holder to the frame of your bike, it will be easily accessible and you can also make sure that it doesn’t come off while cycling.
Btwin is one of the best brands when it comes to cycling accessories from helmets to repair kits and lights. Apart from cycling accessories you can also shop for the best mountain bikes and road bikes from a number of top brands like Cannondale, Trek and many more on www.sports365.in. Shop with us an avail amazing discounts, and keep watch out for our contests and offers!
Cycling accessories like fitness gear such as helmets and lights are a must for cyclists. In addition to this there are other accessories like repair kits and mudguards which are essential for the smooth functioning of a cycle. These products can be found on the online and discounts on the same are available.