Sports365 is India’s leading online sports & fitness company.Sports365 is driven by a very humble aim of leading a sporting revolution in India by building world class sports company. Sports365 owns and operates several online sporting portals like Sports365.in, Tennishub.in, Runninghub.in,Badmintonhub.in and Cyclinghub.in. Sports365 also offers one stop sporting solution around sports merchandise, equipment; infrastructure to institutions like schools,premier sporting leagues and teams,sports clubs and academies and corporates. Sports365 also plays very active role in promoting sports; fitness culture in India by operating at grassroots levels and also supports several budding athletes. Sports365 is excited about India’s prospect at Rio Olympics in 2016 and wishes all the athletes very best.
The day before the ride: Spend your day preparing your cycle and your body
“A” is for air:
- Inflate tires to the rated pressure as indicated on the sidewall of the tire.
- Check for damage to tire tread and sidewall; replace tire if worn.
“B” is for brakes:
- Rotate wheels to check that nothing is rubbing. Pick the bike and rotate the wheel by hand, if there is any contact, the wheel will come to stop within 2-3 revolutions.
- Inspect brake pads for wear; replace is there is less than 1/4″ of pad left.
- Check adjustment of brake levers. When applied, there should be least 1″ between each lever and the handlebar.
“C” is for cranks, chain, and cassette:
- Chain should be clean, lubricated, and quiet — not chattering, squeaking, or squealing!
- Use a lubricant that’s specifically designed for bicycles.
- If your chain skips while riding, you might need a new chain, a new cassette, and/or an adjustment.
- Make sure that your crank bolts are tight.
“Quick” is for quick releases:
- Wheels need to be tight in the frame, with the hub’s quick-release lever fully engaged at 90° angle (if you have a quick release).
- Your hub quick release should point back to insure that nothing catches on it.
- Inspect brake quick releases to insure that they are engaged.
“Check” is for check it over:
- Inspect the bike for loose or broken parts; tighten, replace or fix them.
- Check to make sure that your helmet is snug and level on you head, with straps snugly adjusted.
- Take a quick ride to check if derailleurs and brakes are working properly.
- Pay extra attention to your bike during the first few miles of the ride.
Prepare your Body
- Sleep Well – Good sleep is mandatory for any physical activity. Get at least 8 hours of snooze time.
- Hydrate – Make sure you are drinking enough water. An average adult should be drinking a minimum of 4-5 liters. Considering this is a special day, do drink more than that.
- Eat Well – Forget your diet! Eat healthy on this day. All three meals, and a snack too. Especially during dinner, don’t shy away from carbs. These will give you energy for the ride the next day.
- Stretch – yes, start stretching the day before the ride. Especially if you haven’t been getting much physical activity otherwise.
- Sleep – This is so important, we are going to say it twice.
On the day of the ride
Prepare your mind
You can either race against other competitors, or try to outdo your personal time – which ever you chose, remember each rider is different. Some burn energy upfront and some save for the final kick and some others are just consistent throughout the ride.
- You know your body best; decide how you are going to ration your energy for the ride.
- No matter what happens, stick to this decision – you can get into trouble if you decide to mix strategies in the middle.
- Energy – Yes, energy for your mind. You need this to keep you going through the full bike ride. Some people meditate, some people do breathing exercises, some even listen to heavy metal.
Prepare your Body
- Eat a Banana – Great for slow release of energy, and they have some advantages over low fat nutrition bars and gels. You can read more here – http://www.active.com/cycling/articles/carbohydrates-fuel-for-your-cycling
Have some Coffee – The caffeine is more important than the taste, so you can avoid the namma Bengaluru filter coffee. Just a plain black coffee will do. It’s scientifically proven that caffeine does indeed help to improve performance on the bike, especially short-term, high-intensity efforts. Read more here – http://www.active.com/cycling/articles/caffeine-and-cycling
- Warm up – Nothing vigorous – Brisk walking or simple jogging. Get the blood pumping.
- Stretch – especially the legs. It’s hard to give standard stretching routines, since different people will have different strengths in muscles. You can look this up on Google. Remember to stretch Calf, Soleus, Achilles tendon, Hamstrings, Hip, Lower Back, shoulders and lats.
Checklist of items to carry to the ride:
- Water – In a sipper, backpack, what ever you are comfortable with
- Helmet – Don’t ride without a helmet
- Basic First Aid –Keep these handy. Other first aid will be available at venue
- Riding glasses, Gloves – Not mandatory, but useful
- Clothing – Decently fitted shorts (to reduce wind resistance) and a well fitted jersey/t-shirt
Cycling is one of the easiest ways to exercise the body as it can be done almost anywhere at any time of the year without spending a fortune. Cycling is not a fitness activity that solely involves the legs. It builds strength in a holistic manner since every single part of the body is involved in cycling. Below we provide you with the ideal bicycles for beginners which are available at affordable prices.
Btwin My Bike:
The Btwin My Bike can be used by all age groups and comes with wide semi-slick hybrid tyres which make it the ideal bicycle for roads and paths. One of the strong points of the Btwin My Bike is that it is made up of steel components which aid in the durability aspect throughout the cycle. The brakes of this cycle come with aluminium levers resulting in a powerful and progressive braking system. The Btwin My Bike has a wide and comfortable PU MTB saddle offering a comfortable riding position which leads to enhanced bike control.
The Btwin My Bike is available at www.sports365.in for Rs. 4217 at a discount of 30%.
Btwin Rockrider 5.0:
The Rockrider 5.0 is a hybrid bicycle designed for the novice mountain biker to be used on country paths and trails. The bicycle is ideal for a person who is looking to get into serious cycling. The biggest advantage of the Rockrider 5.0 is that the front wheel can be removed without the use of any tools. The durability of the bicycle is top class as it is provided with steel stems and steel handle bars. The brakes of the cycle are extremely responsive thus ensuring the safety of the cyclist. The Rockrider 5.0 comes with an anti-corrosion treatment on the nuts and bolts giving your cycle the best opportunity to continue looking new and stylish even after prolonged usage.
The Btwin Rockrider 5.0 is available at www.sports365.in for Rs. Rs. 9199.
Btwin : The brand
Btwin is one of the most reputed cycling brands worldwide with its headquarters in Lille, France. Btwin is the cycling brand of the Oxylane network. Their mission is to make cycling available to everyone, at all levels and for all uses, through innovative and high-quality products. It is the number 1 French cycling brand by volume of bicycles sold. One of the features of Btwin that is relatively unique is the sheer range of products available. Road bikes, mountain bikes, hybrid and touring bikes, folding bikes, BMXs and children’s bikes are all available, with clothing ranges designed to suit each of these specific markets. On top of the bikes and clothing ranges, there is also a wide range of accessories, featuring everything from inner tubes and mudguards to cycling computers and home trainers. Whether you are an occasional cyclist or somebody looking for the maximum performance, you will be well catered for within the Btwin range.
You can shop for these two bicycles at http://bit.ly/IAfrtW on the Sports365 website as well as other bicycles and other sports and fitness equipment.
Like a number of other sports cycling is one such activity which is equipment-centric. If you are considering serious mountain biking or participating in marathons a lot of small but significant aspects come into play to enhance your cycling ability. One such requirement is cycling apparel, the main purpose of this is comfort, such as padding in the right places, tight fitting and flexible material. Cycling apparel is designed keeping in mind factor like reducing air resistance while riding and allowing free movement to produce maximum efficiency.
When we talk about cycling apparel the two main things which come to mind are cycling shorts and cycling jerseys.
Cycling shorts – Initially you might find these cycling shorts a little uncomfortable but once you get used to them you’ll find that you cannot do without them. They are made with padding such that you do not feel sore even after sitting on your bike for long stretches. In addition to this they enable uninterrupted motion of your legs while pedaling which increases efficiency. This is possible because the material of the shorts is extremely flexible. Btwin has many variations of cycling shorts which you can choose from, shop for these shorts here.
Cycling jerseys – Once you start using a bike jersey while cycling you’ll immediately notice how much better it is in comparison to any other regular t-shirt you might wear. The first advantage is that most biking jerseys have a front zipper, this comes in handy when you need to adjust ventilation needs with changing temperatures. Like cycling shorts the material is flexible and fitting so it does not flap with the wind, and goes along with the motion of your body. Cycling jerseys are designed to complement the hunched position that you maintain while cycling. To shop for cycling jerseys click here.
Cycling jackets – When weather conditions are harsh you will not be able to manage without a cycling jacket. They are designed to increase the cyclist’s efficiency as well as protect from the rain and keep the cyclist warm. Cycling jackets are made with very good seam placement which ensures that no water seeps in through it. They are also made with high performance fabric to enhance performance. The cut and style of cycling jackets is impeccable, they vary from lightweight jackets to slightly more heavy ones.
www.sports365.in has a huge range of cycling equipment apart from apparel. You can choose from brands like Btwin, Quechua, Cannodale and Trek to name a few. Apart from this we are every sports enthusiasts one stop shop for sports and fitness needs, and our online store houses thousands of products over 100 local and national brands. Do not miss the offers and contests we run every now and then!
Cycling apparel complements one’s cycling abilities. It also enhances comfort levels while cycling. Cycling shorts and jerseys come in different styles and variations to suit every individual’s needs based on the intensity of the cycling trail chosen. Cycling jackets come in handy when weather conditions are not ideal and all the clothes are made in such a way that they reduce resistance and enhance pedaling efficiency.
Cycling has been gaining popularity in the last couple of years, not only as a hobby but also as a means to commute to and from work. If you plan to join this bandwagon of cyclists, there are some essential cycling accessories that you just cannot do without. They not only ensure your safety but also make for a more comfortable and smooth cycling experience.
- Safety accessories
- Helmet – The standard accessory that every cyclist must have is a helmet. When buying a helmet, your first consideration should be how it fits rather than the style of the helmet. A good helmet should must fit correctly without any gap between it and your head. Different cycling style require different kinds of helmets, such as sport or multi-use helmets which are used by those who choose cycling as a for f recreation. the second type is a road bike helmet which is designed to provide ample ventilation and is also lightweight. Lastly, the mountain bike helmet is made with an enhanced rear head coverage and secure fit to ensure that it stays on no matter the terrain.
- Lights – This cycling accessory is a must have if you cycle at night. Front and rear lights must mainly to make you visible to others on the road, rather than to illuminate the way. Brands like Btwin make these kinds of lights. If you do not want to fix lights, an alternative is reflectors.
- Locks – Having spent a fair amount on your bike you wouldn’t want it to get stolen. You can prevent this by buying a sturdy lock for it. You can either get a combination lock, or a regular lock which can be opened with a key. Both these kinds of locks are made by Btwin.
2. Bike maintenance accessories
- Bike pumps – These days bike pumps are quite user friendly. However, before purchasing one ensure that it is compatible with the valve of your cycle tyres. Be aware of the correct tyre pressure for your cycle before filling air.
- Repair kits – A repair kit a very important cycling accessory. There are small kits that will fit in the saddle bag of you cycle, and there are bigger ones with more tools which you can keep at home for more crucial repairs. Btwin has a variety of such repair kits which can be found on our online store.
3. Other accessories
- Mudguards – Fitting mudguards to your bike is a wise idea as it will prevent water and mud from sticking on the tyres. Most mudguards are easy to install, they can be clipped on to the tyres of the cycle.
- Water bottle holder – If you are going to be cycling for a long duration , it is always good to stay hydrated. Carry sufficient water with you. By clipping on a water bottle holder to the frame of your bike, it will be easily accessible and you can also make sure that it doesn’t come off while cycling.
Btwin is one of the best brands when it comes to cycling accessories from helmets to repair kits and lights. Apart from cycling accessories you can also shop for the best mountain bikes and road bikes from a number of top brands like Cannondale, Trek and many more on www.sports365.in. Shop with us an avail amazing discounts, and keep watch out for our contests and offers!
Cycling accessories like fitness gear such as helmets and lights are a must for cyclists. In addition to this there are other accessories like repair kits and mudguards which are essential for the smooth functioning of a cycle. These products can be found on the online and discounts on the same are available.